National Real Estate Education Services
Get Your Colorado Real Estate License
Colorado Continuing Education Course
Study when and where you want with this mobile- and tablet-ready, hassle-free Real Estate continuing education course.
Colorado Exam Prep
Walk into your state exam with confidence.
Clear and concise review of real estate math.
Virtual Study Program
Weekly live, interactive webinars to help you master key national real estate concepts.
Select Your Course
I passed my state exam on the first try! I am receiving my Colorado Real Estate Salesperson’s license just 3 months after going through your program. Thanks for being the absolute best program I could find!
Colorado Licensed Real Estate Agent
Colorado Real Estate Exam Requirements
Colorado Real Estate Educational Requirements:
1. Coursework: A licensee can meet the continuing education requirements by:
- A One-Time Requirement of completing a Fingerprint-based criminal history record check
- Passing the state portion of the broker licensing examination during your renewal cycle, OR
- Effective April 1st, 2006, each active licensed broker must complete the “Annual Commission Update” course twice during each license period, plus electives for a total of 24 hours of CE during your renewal cycle. A licensee may not take the same version of the Update Course more than once during each license period. The update course may only be taken from schools approved by the Division of Private Occupational Schools or colleges and universities. If the Update Course is taken three times during a license period, the licensee will receive elective credit hours for the third course, OR
- Completing the 24-hour “Brokerage Administration” course (if not previously taken for CE credit) during your renewal cycle, OR
- Completing the 24-hour “Broker Transition” course (if not previously taken for CE credit) during your renewal cycle, OR
- Completing 72 total hours in the Colorado Contracts & Regulations course (48-hrs) AND Real Estate Closings (24-hrs) during your renewal cycle.
- Maximum of 8 hours of credit may be earned per day
- No credit may be given for the same course more than once per calendar year
- Hours in excess of 24 may not be carried forward into the next license period
- The Commission Update Course requires a written test (70% score min.)
- Elective courses may or may not be tested at the discretion of the provider
2. How Does The Course Work? Each Colorado Real Estate Continuing Education course is divided into lessons that take about 20-30 minutes on the average. Each lesson consists of text with multiple choice questions mixed in. The text is presented one small, easy-to-understand sentence or paragraph at a time. After a few screens of text, you will answer a few questions about what you have read. As you progress through the lesson, the learning process keeps track of how you are doing on the questions. After all the text is presented, the computer will go back to the questions you missed or had problems with and review them in random order. You’ll keep working on the lesson until you’ve answered all the questions correctly on two occasions. At that point, the lesson will be marked as complete on the main menu. You can quit a lesson at any time and a bookmark will save your place, so you don’t have to repeat work you’ve already done when you return to a lesson.
3. Completing The Course: All the lessons for the course are completed online. Each hour of approved credit will take approximately one hour of computer time to complete. The 15-hours of Elective Colorado Real Estate Continuing Education courses will take approximately 15 hours to complete. You may access the online course immediately and begin working as soon as you complete the registration process.
3. Course Final Exams: Colorado does not require final exams for Colorado Real Estate Continuing Education courses.
The online course allowed me to learn at my pace and also work on it around my schedule. I definitely would have had a difficult time learning the same material in a classroom environment.
Colorado Licensed Real Estate Agent