Get Your Montana Real Estate License
Montana Continuing Education Course
Study when and where you want with this mobile- and tablet-ready, hassle-free Real Estate continuing education course.
Montana Exam Prep
Walk into your state exam with confidence.
Clear and concise review of real estate math.
Virtual Study Program
Weekly live, interactive webinars to help you master key national real estate concepts.
Select Your Course
I passed my state exam on the first try! I am receiving my Montana Real Estate Salesperson’s license just 3 months after going through your program. Thanks for being the absolute best program I could find!
Montana Licensed Real Estate Agent
Montana Real Estate Exam Requirements
Montana Real Estate Educational Requirements:
1. Coursework: To complete your Montana Real Estate Continuing Education Requirement you must:
- Complete 12 hours of state approved courses every year.
- These courses must include 4 hours of Mandatory courses utilizing one of the following topics:
- Brokerage Management
- Consumer Tax Issues (including 1031 exchanges)
- Contract Law
- Data Security
- Environmental Issues (i.e. but not limited to: Radon, Weeds, Mold, Water, Asbestos, Lead-based paint, Air Quality, Methamphetamine)
- Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Fair Housing
- Land Use Planning (i.e. but not limited to: Subdivision Planning, Zoning, Ordinances, Land Descriptions, Easements, Water Law)
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Montana Licensing Laws and Rules
- Non-Residential Real Estate (i.e. but not limited to: Farm/Ranch, Commercial)
- Property Management Related Topics
- Real Estate Law
- Risk Reduction
- Title Insurance
- Trust Accounts
- The other 8 hours are elective courses.
Brokers and salespeople renew and must complete continuing education every year by 10/31.
Each Montana Real Estate Continuing Education course is divided into lessons that take about 20-30 minutes on the average. Each lesson consists of text with multiple choice questions mixed in. The text is presented one small, easy-to-understand sentence or paragraph at a time. After a few screens of text, you will answer a few questions about what you have read. As you progress through the lesson, the learning process keeps track of how you are doing on the questions. After all the text is presented, the computer will go back to the questions you missed or had problems with and review them in random order. You’ll keep working on the lesson until you’ve answered all the questions correctly on two occasions. At that point, the lesson will be marked as complete on the main menu. You can quit a lesson at any time and a bookmark will save your place, so you don’t have to repeat work you’ve already done when you return to a lesson.
2. Completing The Course: All the lessons for the course are completed online. Each hour of approved credit will take approximately one hour of computer time to complete. The 12 hours of Montana Real Estate Continuing Education courses will take approximately 12 hours to complete. You may access the online course immediately and begin working as soon as you complete the registration process.
3. Course Final Exam: Montana does not require final exams for Montana Real Estate Continuing Education courses.
The online course allowed me to learn at my pace and also work on it around my schedule. I definitely would have had a difficult time learning the same material in a classroom environment.
Montana Licensed Real Estate Agent